One of The Best Plastic Surgeons in South Tulsa
Types Of Post-Weight Loss Surgery
Before undergoing post-weight loss surgery, it is essential to consult with a qualified surgeon, such as Dr. Kreitzberg, to discuss your goals and available options for procedures. In some cases, your surgeon may recommend a combination of approaches to achieve your desired appearance. Post-weight loss procedures that could be part of your surgical plan include:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) – removes excess skin and fat, including stretch marks, on top of the abdominal muscles
- Lower body lift (belt lipectomy) – improves the look of the midsection, buttocks, and legs
- Arm lift (Brachioplasty) – removes excess skin on the underside of the upper arms
- Thigh lift – involves an incision either on the outside or inside of the thigh, depending on the skin area targeted during the procedure
- Buttock lift – removes sagging skin to give the buttocks a firmer, lifted appearance
- Breast lift – sagging breasts may be enhanced through skin removal either with or without the addition of implants
- Face or neck lift – may be beneficial for those who have sagging neck skin or stretch marks following weight loss
Depending on the length of time each procedure requires, Dr. Kreitzberg may recommend scheduling a face, neck, or breast lift following recovery from a tummy tuck, arm lift, or lower body lift.
Am I A Candidate For Post-Weight Loss Surgery?
Like all surgical procedures, post-weight loss surgery in Tulsa is a serious medical procedure involving risks even to healthy individuals. Therefore, it is essential to disclose your health history and concerns for surgery with Dr. Kreitzberg to ensure that your post-weight loss surgery will be successful.
Some indications that you may be a good candidate for post-weight loss surgery include having a stable, healthy weight for at least six months, not smoking, and not being treated for chronic medical conditional like diabetes or heart disease, as these may cause other complications for surgery. In addition, it helps if you have realistic expectations for the outcome of post-weight loss surgery and can be prepared for the needed recovery time following the procedure.
CALL (918) 228-0911
to speak to a member of our team today.
Kreitzberg Plastic Surgery
Call Us Today To Schedule Your Post-Weight Loss Surgery In Tulsa
If you have recently undergone excessive weight loss and are experiencing discomfort or dissatisfaction due to sagging skin, then post-weight loss surgery in Tulsa could be advantageous for you. Potential benefits include the improved appearance of body contours, increased comfort with wearing the right clothing and engaging in physical activity, and improved self-esteem and confidence in the way you look.
For more information or to set up your initial consultation with Kreitzberg Plastic Surgery for post-weight loss surgery in Tulsa, give us a call today!